While on a survey with a friend, in a rural area of my city, I found something that actually sent a frightening chill down my spinal cord. Talking to people there made me feel the agony they were going through. 

Big families. Less money. No education. Interminable excruciating problems.

She is 'Phono'. I smiled after I heard her name. She laughed and said it was her grandparents who gave her this old name. When I asked this lady the total members in the family, she said 'seven'.

Kids? Six.
The 7th member was her!

Her husband died when she was 7 months pregnant. At present, she has a two months old baby. Among the other kids, the eldest one was not more than 8 years old. None of them were sent to school.
We asked her what she did for a living, she said Daily wage work.  But it was difficult for her to leave her 2 months baby and other children alone in the small hut they lived in.  She said, if she was lucky, she would get some work in a nearby place that would satisfy her living for the next few days, otherwise she had to keep herself and her kids hungry for days.

With teary eyes and a promise to help those kids as much as I can and thanking God for the three-course meal and every other blessing that I have, we left that place.

Comments

  1. Like these there r so much people u would meet if u r going through like these survey but d actual thing is that what we r doing 4 them? Is nothing I think.
    So just don't read or share it just do it. Help like these people as how much u can...
    Appreciating Tuba Ayyubi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health

Secularity: A myth

Walk your talk.. One step at a time!